What does park assist blocked mean? If you purchased a vehicle with Park Assist, you may have wondered, “What does park assist blocked mean?” Well, let’s cover it in-depth right here. Read on
What does park assist blocked mean?
In short, Park Assist Blocked is a warning that you get when the car’s parking assist system cannot function correctly. This means that the sensors are not working properly and this can cause a problem for the driver, who may not be able to park the car without damaging it.
Park assist is an invaluable feature, so if you get this warning, it’s important that you get your vehicle looked at by an authorized mechanic as soon as possible.
What are the potential causes of park assist blocked mean message?
There are many reasons why your park assist may be blocked. I’ve listed some of the common reasons below.
- Park Assist is not activated
- The distance between the obstacle and the vehicle is too large
- The obstacle is too high
- The sensors are blocked
- The system is faulty
Why did my park assist turn off?
So you’ve been driving around with your park assist on and suddenly it’s turned off! There are a few reasons why this might happen.
- If your car was recently repaired, the technician may have turned park assist off. If this is the case, you will want to contact your dealer directly to have them turn it back on for you.
- Your sensors may be dirty or covered in ice or snow. This can cause the system to think that there is an object in front of it, turning it off until the sensors are no longer obscured. Be sure to clean and clear your sensors before reattempting to use park assist.
- There may be an error in your computer system. If you suspect this is the case, bring your car in to a mechanic to have them check for errors and fix any that they find.
- If none of these work for you, consult your owner’s manual for further troubleshooting steps or reach out to your local mechanic for assistance.
Where is the parking assist sensor?
The parking assist sensor is located at the rear bumper of the vehicle. You can determine where it is by searching for a black or gray piece on the back of the bumper.
Some sensors are painted to match the color of the car, and others are in black or gray plastic housing. Usually, they’re located in a central location in the middle of the bumper and near the bottom, but you can find them by looking for a small circular piece about two inches across that sticks out from the bumper.
How do I turn my park assist back on?
Turning park assist back on is as simple as pressing a button. Press the ignition switch to turn on your vehicle, then press the “Park Assist” button to make sure it’s turned on.
It’s usually located on the dashboard or center console between the front seats. Some vehicles may have this button in another location.
If you’re still concerned, you can also consult your owner’s manual to make sure you’re using the right function. Once you’ve located it and pressed it a few times, the parking assist sensor will be activated, and your car will let you know with an audible chime.
How do I fix blocked Park Assist?
If Park Assist is not functioning properly, there are a few things you can try. If your display is showing “Blocked” when you move forward or reverse, the sensors that help assist with parking are likely blocked by dirt or other contaminants.
You can clean off the sensors with a damp cloth and warm water. If this does not solve the problem, you can have your vehicle serviced to have the sensor checked for proper operation.
Parking systems are there to make your life easier, particularly if you live in a busy city. However, if you’ve ever had issues with them (or you’re still having issues), you may want to look into a manual park assist system. If you have any questions kindly leave a comment below.
Thomas is a retired Chevy Auto Technician, Father to two incredible daughters. He enjoys using his knowledge and experience to help you solve and find reliable information on Chevrolet vehicles.